A New Year is synonymous with new resolutions.
Some of us want to lose weight, travel more, or start exercising—my resolution for the year 2020 was to achieve financial certainty through saving.
This goal led me to take a serious dive into the exciting world of solar panels and powering my house in the sunny state of Texas with free energy. But installing panels doesn’t come cheap, and I didn’t have $20K to $30K just lying around to bring in a solar company for professional installation.
So, when I happened upon the Backyard Revolution, it sounded like a perfect fit for my needs.
My Backyard Revolution review will explore the ins and outs of the program, what I liked about it, what I didn’t. By you end, you’ll be able to figure out whether or not it’s worth your dime.
Spoiler alert: it was certainly worth mine. I have saved about $500 in electricity in just five months.
For such a tumultuous year, that’s not too shabby, right?
Let’s dive into the Backyard Revolution system.
What is the Backyard Revolution?
Backyard Revolution is an online step-by-step guide that shows you how to build your personal 3D solar panel system to power your house, for just $300 (the program says $200, but it will cost you a little extra to set it all up).
This program is best suited for anyone who:
- Is tired of power blackouts
- Wants to stop paying steep power bills every month
- Simply wants to become energy independent.
In the following Backyard Revolution review, I’ll explain exactly what you’ll get from this system and how you can benefit from it.
Going Solar: My Story
I live in a 2,500 sq ft house, and where I live, my monthly electricity bill had crossed $350 one too many times, especially in the summer months.
And being a dad of two young children, there’s no shortage of family needs that hundreds of dollars like that could easily meet.
Going solar had been brewing in the back of my mind for a few years now. Every time we’d get a solar panel sales representative stop by our house, I’d always think about taking the plunge, but the upfront cost always intimidated me.
I knew that switching to solar energy is an investment and not an expense, but when the installation price is higher than what I could afford and that it could take months for the ROI to cover the initial expense, I always found it hard to take the big step.
Also, my quest for energy efficiency wasn’t all about cost-savings. Going solar for me was also about going green.
However you look at it, it’s clean energy, and Dallas’ climate and geography are perfect for solar technology. It’s an abundant local power source and is the most logical way to achieve energy independence.
Plus, it improves air quality through reduced emissions from fossil fuel power.
DIY energy efficiency crossed my mind earlier this year. I’m not a techie person, nor am I an engineer or an electrician. But I did have the will and curiosity to learn.
Unfortunately, the videos I found on YouTube were never detailed enough to earn my trust or make me feel comfortable to play with the current.
But this program earned my trust very quickly. It helped me build my four-foot solar panel tower that I can easily take with me during a family camping trip or to our cabin, while also using it at our home. Since I now know how to build one, I can easily create multiple towers to make even more power.
A Look Inside the Backyard Revolution program
To understand why the Backyard Revolution system is so valuable, you need to know what 3D solar is.
So let’s start with the basics.
How solar panels work
Here’s the TLDR: Solar panel is a sunlight magnet. When they come together, the result is pure power for your refrigerator, TV, AC, PlayStation, phone charger, etc.
Here’s the detailed version: every solar panel consists of photovoltaic cells. While that might sound too technical, it merely means a unit that takes photons from the sunlight and converts it to electricity. When light hits the panel, the solar cells free the electrons from atoms inside the photons. The free electrons flow through the circuit in one direction that generates electricity — Direct Current electricity. But to be usable, it needs to be converted to Alternating Current (AC), where the electrons periodically change directions.
A solar inverter is needed to convert the captured DC electricity to AC. Sometimes each panel comes equipped with a microinverter behind them, or you can have a single inverter for the entire solar panel system.
The electricity runs from your inverter to the breaker box and then to any appliance in the house that needs power.
If you aren’t making enough energy to cover your entire electricity needs, don’t worry because you’re still connected to the traditional electricity which will activate and fill the difference. On the other hand, if you produce more solar energy than you use, the surplus will go back to the power grid for your electric company, and you’ll get credit for it on your utility bill.
This is known as net metering.
It’s essential to stay connected to the power plant because since solar panels only produce energy when the sun is up, at night, the power grid will supply electricity to your house.
Backyard Revolution: Main Features
By purchasing Backyard Revolution, you get a step-by-step blueprint to build a 3D solar panel device in less than ten sq ft.
You will also get detailed illustrations of the assembly process. This whole process shouldn’t take you more than four hours.
The instructions are broken down into 11 easy-to-understand steps, and will show you how to position the solar panels such a way that each of them consistently traps sunlight as long as the sun is out, regardless of where it is in the sky.
You will also receive shopping lists of all the materials (with dimensions) you will need to build the main power unit.
I want to emphasize that this is a digital product only.
When you make a purchase, you will not be receiving solar panels or other tools you will need for this. You will only be getting the thorough tutorial on how to construct your own 3D solar system, along with three bonuses, which are also digital products.
Backyard Revolution: Bonuses
Like I said above, you’ll get three amazing bonuses when you purchase the Backyard Revolution system. Each of these bonuses augments the benefits you receive from switching to green electricity using the solar energy model shown in Backyard Revolution.
Here are the bonuses you can expect:
- Homestead EMP Protection Protocol: This report shows you how to scale your newly constructed 10-foot solar panel system to a complete off-grid power generator that will come to your rescue during a total power outages. I plan on upgrading my system later this month before the hurricane season starts.
- Energy Stockpiling Secrets: This report shows you how to effectively store the unused energy your Backyard Revolution System produces, so nothing goes to waste. It will even tell you which battery to use to save electricity and make new batteries or revive old ones. This bonus alone is worth the price. The technical information I learned from this will help me save in other ways beyond the solar panel system.
- Homestead Alternative Energy Sources: This report will show you other powerful methods to save energy that even the most frugal folks haven’t heard about. I have been using many of the tips mentioned in this report already since my home isn’t 100% running on solar energy yet, but that will happen soon!
Remember that although these bonuses have a value of $47 each, you will get access to them for free when you purchase Backyard Revolution.
Who is Zack Bennett?
I’ll be honest – Zack Bennett is likely a pen-name. After trying very hard to find information about him online (you know how everyone and their dog has an Instagram or Facebook page nowadays), I came up empty.
It’s not something that bothers me too much.
The information provided in the Backyard Revolution system is so powerful that if everyone were to buy this product and implement it, it would easily wipe out a significant customer base of major electric companies.
So I completely get why he would want to keep his privacy.
What we do know about him is that he is a 42-year old carpenter who lives with his wife and daughter in Orlando, Florida—another state where sunshine is plentiful!
Every innovation has a story — here’s his.
One unfortunate night, during a power blackout, his property got robbed. He couldn’t do anything because the house was pitch black. He was trapped in his bedroom with his wife and listening to a stranger’s footsteps, but when his two-year-old little girl started crying, the intruder realized the house wasn’t empty and ran away.
Power blackouts aren’t rare in the USA, but home invasions are rare in good, safe neighborhoods. Zack didn’t think it could happen to him. To his family. And this naivety put his and his family’s life in danger.
Backyard Revolution was the result of a dire need to survive and protect his family against any such future events.
The zig-zag solar panel installation system he stumbled upon was so easy to do, he decided to show other people how to do it. Because, just like he says, ALL of us are getting robbed. Only not at gunpoints. But by government and energy company monopolists who have normalized selling us electricity at steep prices.
Over 4000 families have been using his system, and have reduced their reliance on the local power grid. They are saving big-time and don’t ever have to worry about their family’s safety during power blackouts.
I definitely wanted in on this.
How much does it cost?
You would think that a system like this easily cost $1000+.
After all, not only does it give you a way to get maximum energy efficiency through intelligent solar system design, but you will be able to see savings in just one or two months.
You would be happy and perhaps shocked to know that the system only costs $39.00 — that’s including the three bonuses. And since the set up will only cost a couple of hundred dollars, that’s the same price as 2-3 months of the electric bill.
You will make it back pretty quickly!
What I liked about Backyard Revolution
I found a lot to like about the Backyard Revolution system. Here is what I liked the most:
- Zero maintenance: I love that this is a set-it-and-forget-it type of deal unless you’re using batteries to store the unused energy. But even then, the maintenance is very little. Once you are over that initial legwork of several hours of installation, you can enjoy an undeterred green power supply to your house for free.
- Takes up less than ten sq ft: Less space wasn’t an issue for me, but the compact size of this is much appreciated. Zack only had a 500 sq ft backyard, so he designed a system that anyone can install. Even if you don’t have a large backyard, you can use this to build yourself a solar power tower. Since the design lays the panels vertically, you don’t need a vast space. Just ten sq ft or less.
- It’s portable: I can pick this up and take it anywhere with me. Camping, cabin, road trip to an isolated location, as long as there’s the sun, I’ll have the peace of mind knowing that, among other things, at the very basic me and my family’s phones are charged.
- It’s cheap: I’m not even going to say affordable because this program is cheap (in terms of price, not quality). The demand for solar energy has soared, and the panels don’t cost much. Installation though, does. You have to pay the price of a car to get them installed on your rooftop, and even then, conventional solar panel designs, like mentioned above, aren’t the most effective. Also, even if I were to ask a friend for help (I didn’t have to because the tutorial was very detailed and beginner-friendly), it wouldn’t cost me anywhere near hiring a solar company.
- Immediate savings: I like that I could see savings from this right away on my monthly energy bills. I know that during the peak of summer, I’ll be seeing even more savings. If I had gone the traditional route and had a professional company install a solar panel system for, say, $20,000, it would’ve taken me at least 6 to 8 years to get my money back and then start seeing savings. With Backyard Revolution, you’ll see savings in only a few months.
- 60-day money-back guarantee: Zack has made the cost of entry for an average family to significantly reduce their electric bill very low. But if you’re not happy with the product or the result or decided against going solar after buying the product, he will give you your money back. You have a 60-day money-back guarantee with your purchase.
- You need to do the work: Yes, I consider this as one of the positives of Backyard Revolution. We get to build our power supply. Like I said before, I was not a techie, but now I know so much information that I’ve used to become more self-sufficient. This is a learning process, and I think many of you would love to build something like this. It’s empowering.
What I didn’t like about Backyard Revolution
Although I am a big fan of it, my Backyard Revolution review wouldn’t be honest if I didn’t point out several cons.
- It may not power your whole house: This is important, so I want to make sure you don’t feel cheated or disappointed after purchase. One single 4-foot tower may not be enough to power your whole house, but it’s enough to charge your devices and fans and run your low-wattage appliances. But you can quickly scale this up and build multiples of this. Once you know how to do it, installing the next one will be easy. Plus, you have the tutorial that you can refer back to anytime, anywhere.
- Lack of a physical copy: It would be nice if Zack would mail a physical copy of the tutorial to his buyers. I’m used to digital products, and most of them don’t come with physical copies. It’s how they’re able to keep the price of digital products low because they don’t need to worry about overhead or shipping costs. Still, it would be an excellent option for those who prefer physical books.
Backyard Revolution: Frequently Asked Questions
Here are the questions that are being asked most often online about the Backyard Revolution system.
What is the Backyard Revolution?
Backyard Revolution is a step-by-step blueprint that gives you detailed information on how to build your very own 3D solar system in just ten sq ft.
How much does it cost?
Backyard Revolution costs just $39. But other than the cost of the product, expect to spend $200 to $300 to buy the materials to need to build the primary power supply unit.
Is Backyard Revolution legit?
I know the price is astoundingly low, which is probably setting off scam-alert bells in your head. But, I’m here to tell you that the Backyard Revolution is definitely not a scam. You will receive step-by-step instructions on how to build your solar power tower, along with the bonuses. We are so used to paying so much for electricity that it’s hard to believe when something like this comes along. But for me, Backyard Revolution was the real deal.
Does the Backyard Revolution system work?
Once installed correctly, you should start seeing savings in just a few months after you recoup the initial investment cost. This system should bring you over 50% savings. The program says up to 65% savings, but I think that amount will differ based on your current energy usage, price, and location.
Who is Zack Bennett?
Zack Bennet is the creator of Backyard Revolution. He is a 42-year old carpenter who lives with his wife and daughter in Florida. He created this system because he wanted to be more independent and make his family more secure.
Is the Backyard Revolution worth it?
Yes, Backyard Revolution is worth it. People who have used this course are already telling their friends to get on it too. I certainly have. I think every family who wants to save money and protect the environment would benefit from this program.
My Backyard Revolution review verdict
Our world has gone digital. We are so reliant on electric devices to run even the most basic everyday functions. Even my security system runs on electricity—as does every primary system and appliance in our house.
Energy usage is continuously on the rise and so are the prices. Energy companies can afford to increase their rate because they know that their consumers won’t leave them. After all, the alternative is so expensive and is continuously bashed by the media as being unreliable and inefficient.
But let me tell you there’s nothing better than switching to green energy and taking control of your finances by seeking independence from corporations who have no shame in jacking prices per unit—sometimes even without telling us.
The Backyard Revolution system has given me room to breathe. I’m saving a lot of money every month that I can use for better things in life, like taking my kids to places we couldn’t afford previously.
Financial freedom and self-reliance tastes sweet and feels exhilarating.
Check out Backyard Revolution here if you want to benefit from the system just like I did.